Welcome to the Salish Sea hydrophone network
Listen to live audio streams:
Listen live around the Salish Sea by clicking on these links:
- Orcasound Lab (5 km north of Lime Kiln State Park)
- Lime Kiln (on west side of San Juan Island in Haro Strait)
- Port Townsend Marine Science Center (under pier at Fort Worden)
- Neah Bay is down due to a severed cable
- Seattle Aquarium is down due to construction
Or you can find the same live-listening links in the pop-up description you get by clicking the green markers on this map.
Participate in a citizen science project
- If you hear killer whales please email email@example.com
- Log your observations in a collaborative Google spreadsheet.
- Use the Salish Sea sound tutor to learn to recognize sounds that we commonly hear on the live hydrophones.
Listen to recorded sounds
If you don’t hear anything interesting live, you can follow these links to hear archived sounds from each of the hydrophone locations:
You can read about past events and acoustic analyses in the Orcasound blog — http://orcasound.net/wp/activity
You can visit the web-based education/outreach materials that underly the:
(Or if you live nearby or are visiting, you can go try those exhibits in person!)